Famous building
Castle of the Fugger in Emersacker
Im Schloss 1, 86494 Emersacker
The round towers with onion-shaped roofs of the oriels are reminiscent of the former imposing castle
The castle was built in the middle of the 12th century by the nobles of Emersacker and stormed and destroyed by the imperial forces during the Schmalkaldic War in 1546. In 1613, the castle passed into the possession of the Fuggers, who erected a new building. The round towers with onion domes and the three-winged annexes have survived to this day. The core of the hall building was constructed in the 18th century and at the beginning of the 20th century it was fundamentally rebuilt by the Fugger Foundations. In the first half of the 19th century, the main building, which housed the brewery, was demolished and rebuilt in 1847. In 1957, the Emersacker Foundation Brewery ceased operations. This architectural monument still impressively underlines the Fuggers' position of power in the Holzwinkel region at that time. Today it houses parts of the town hall.
Kontakt
Adresse
Im Schloss 1
86494 Emersacker
von
Augsburger Land
Martin Kluger
·
CC BY-SA